FreeOTFE Explorer is a free software application from the Encryption Tools subcategory, part of the Security & Privacy category.
The app is currently available in English, Croatian, Czech, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish and it was last updated on 2010-02-07. The program can be installed on Win2000, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinServer, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP.
FreeOTFE Explorer allows encrypted volumes to be mounted on MS Windows PCs, and their contents accessed (both reading and writing) via a Windows Explorer-style user interface.
Unlike all other disk encryption systems, FreeOTFE Explorer does not need any device drivers to be installed on the computer it is run on, making it perfect for use with USB drives (and other removable media), where volumes need to be accessed on PCs where FreeOTFE hasn''t been installed, and administrator rights are not available to the user in order to start FreeOTFE in "portable mode". For example, in Internet Cafés (AKA Cybercafés), where PCs are available for use, but only as a "standard" user.
- Driverless operation - making it ideal for carrying your data securely on USB drives or other removable media.
- Fully compatibile with FreeOTFE on-the-fly disk encryption
- No installation needed
- Easy to use; full wizard included for creating new volumes
- Data encrypted on your PC can be read/written on your PDA, and vice versa
- Available in English, German, Italian, French and Spanish
- Hash algorithms include: SHA-512, RIPEMD-160, Tiger and many more
- Cyphers include AES (256 bit), Twofish (256 bit), Blowfish (448 bit), Serpent (256 bit) and many more
- Security tokens/smartcards supported for extra (optional) security
- Operates under both PC (MS Windows 2000/XP/Vista) and PDA (Windows Mobile 2003/2005 and Windows Mobile 6) platforms
- Linux compatibility (Cryptoloop "losetup", dm-crypt and LUKS supported)
- "Hidden" volumes may be concealed within other encrypted volumes, providing "plausible deniability"
- Modular design allowing 3rd party drivers to be created, incorporating new hash/cypher algorithms
- Allows users to backup and restore the critical areas of volume files.
- Keyfile support included; store volumes and their associated metadata separately.
- Plus more...!
FreeOTFE Explorer (version 3.51) has a file size of 3.35 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 430 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.